Friday, May 6, 2011

Waiting tastes like vinegar


As I posted earlier all of our paperwork has been completed and received by the appropriate people. I got an email from our agency monday morning saying they got everything. However, our program director is in Ethiopia right now so I have not received that elusive email stating what number we are :( I feel like we are probably #2, possibly 3 or 4 if someone else that wants a toddler boy got their papers in before us, but I just NEED a number! When you are pregnant you have a number, 9 months, and you'll get to see that sweet face and hold them and kiss them and hug them. In 9 months, you can start teaching them and letting them know that they matter. Is a number going to help the waiting be less difficult......perhaps briefly. But, then there will be more waiting. Waiting for our referral, waiting to be submitted to court, waiting to receive our court date, waiting to travel for court, then perhaps the worst waiting.....waiting for our second and final trip to bring him home. When you go for your first trip (court date that makes him legally ours) you have to leave them behind! I don't even want to think about that right now. Moving on. So, in the midst of all of this waiting we are finishing our adoption homework, which involves a lot of reading.....obviously. And learning tips on how to care for his beautiful skin and hair, which has been really fun and interesting! I was reminded at bible study the other day of Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God". That is what has gotten me through this week of waiting.....that tastes much like vinegar :)

and this....




No comments:

Post a Comment